There has been some nasty nasty weather pounding Chester County and the Main Line this week and it looks like today and tomorrow may be even worse. Do you know what to do if you get caught driving in a thunderstorm?
- The first key is to not get caught driving in the first place. If nasty weather is approaching, don’t drive unless you absolutely have to.
- Tune your radio to a news or weather station to find out more about approaching storms.
- Slow down. Turn on your low beams.
- Avoid flooded areas.
- If things get too severe, find a place to pull over well away from the road. Try not to park under trees as they could fall in severe weather.
- Allow other vehicles plenty of room for stopping.
Please be careful out there. Make sure also that your wipers and lights are operating properly and if you need some help with new ones, give us a call and we’ll get you in for an appointment!