It’s essential that your tires are in shape to keep your family safe! Quick Lane at Garnet Ford can help.
When Glen Mills, Chadds Ford and West Chester drivers are shopping for the best price on a new set of tires for a car, truck, or SUV, or simply looking for a quick tire rotation, they schedule an appointment at Quick Lane at Garnet Ford. Our factory-trained experts know all the ins and outs when it comes to tires and have the right replacements on hand, based on each vehicle’s requirements.
Quick Lane at Garnet Ford offers the highest quality of tires from top-quality manufacturers such as, Michelin, Goodyear, Continental, General, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Handkook, and Pirelli.
Rotating your tires helps to distribute wear more evenly, so you can get more life out of them. Our Expert team recommends a tire rotation every 5000 miles.
How to Spot Worn Tires
Properly inflated tires are crucial to your vehicle’s handling and safety. Regular tire rotations help distribute wear more evenly and can help you get more life out of them. But do you know what to look for when your tires are worn? Quick Lane® is Ready To Serve™ and can help you choose a new set of tires.
Stop by if you notice:
- Tire tread depth of less than 3/32″ or tire treads that don’t reach the top of Lincoln’s head on an upside-down penny
- Punctures, cuts or snags in your tire tread or sidewall
- Sudden loss of tire pressure
- Your tire wear indicator is visible
- Sudden vibration when driving
- Poor handling or traction on slippery surfaces
Schedule a Wheel Alignment to Combat Uneven Tread Wear
Drivers in Chester and Delaware Counties are well familiar with the nasty potholes that we all have to deal with by the end of winter each year. Combine this with general wear and tear from navigating bumpy roads and your vehicle may be begging for an alignment. Over time, you may notice that your vehicle pulls to one side or that the tire tread has uneven wear. What should you do? We invite you to stop in at Quick Lane at Garnet Ford where our staff can road test your vehicle and, if necessary, provide you with a professional wheel alignment with our state of the art alignment machine. At Quick Lane at Garnet Ford, you will find factory-trained experts who are Ready To Serve™ – helping to restore proper alignment, improve handling and make your vehicle run more efficiently.
How to Change a Flat Tire
If you don’t have your cell phone handy to call a tow truck or aren’t able to wait, here’s what to do.
Consult your vehicle owner’s manual for details specific to your vehicle, such as the location of the spare and jack kit. Be aware of your surroundings. If you do not feel safe, never hesitate to call the local police for help.
- Remove the spare tire and jack from your vehicle. Check the inflation level of your spare. If its pressure is too low, you’ll need to find a place where you can inflate it, or call a tow truck.
- Your jack kit should include a tire iron for removing the lug nuts. Use it to loosen the lug nuts on the flat tire, but don’t remove them yet. If you need to use a lot of force to get them loose, you don’t want to do it while the vehicle is already jacked up.
- Block the other tires to make sure the vehicle doesn’t roll.
- Raise the corner with the flat tire high enough off the ground to put the spare tire on. Avoid raising the vehicle any higher than you need to.
- Finish removing the lug nuts from the flat tire and pull it off.
- Put the spare tire on the vehicle.
- Replace the lug nuts, but don’t tighten them yet.
- Lower the vehicle by turning the jack in reverse.
- Tighten the lug nuts. After a few turns, rotate clockwise to tighten the next lug nut. Repeat this process until each lug nut is securely in place.
- Stop by your local Quick Lane® Tire & Auto Center for a replacement tire as soon as you can. If you have to use highways to get there, keep your vehicle under 55 mph and use your hazard lights. Most spare tires are not designed to handle high speeds for long periods of time.
Our folks will help you get the most out of your tires with simple maintenance tips. Call 484-785-8180 today to schedule an appointment.
LOW PRICE TIRE GUARANTEE
Why buy tires anywhere else, when your Ford Dealer offers all of this:
- 13 major brands
- 30-day price guarantee
- All makes and models
*Valid on Dealer-installed retail purchases only. Requires presentation of competitor’s current price ad/offer on exact tire sold by dealership within 30 days after purchase. See participating U.S. dealership for details.